Today is World Water Day. Water is the elixir of life... Let us take Oath, to use water as judiciously as possible and put all our efforts to conserve water to the maximum extent, whether it is for our routines or agriculture.
Much appreciate your action for saving water. Many people doesn’t know the indirect wastage of water with our day to day actions. You can surely make a big difference by consciously avoiding water intensive produce and bring more conciousness in people around. Take a pledge today:
- Save water in day to day life like washing, bath, cleaning etc.
- Try reusing bathwater for washing clothes
Gardening and Agriculture:
- Save water by replacing lawns with plants and trees.
- Save water with mulching plants & crops
- Avoid water intensive products like cool drinks
- Avoid factory foods and use farm foods as factory foods wastes so much of water during manufacturing process and also produce lot of pollution.
- Reduce water intensive foods like rice
- Avoid usage of chemicals in day to day life which are polluting water and also causing lot of water wastage. You can even stop soaps, detergents and pasts etc.
- Avoid RO water, use simple filter water. Around 75% of the Water fed into a RO filter, is wasted. Only 25% gets extracted as drinking Water. (reuse RO waste water for washing, but it is not useful for watering plants: http://apartmentadda.com/blog/2013/06/22/re-use-waste-from-reverse-osmosis-ro-filter/
- Reduce usage of electricity, air conditions etc, which are causing so much wastage of water
So in short, if we really want to save water, we should live simple.
Pledge direct actions:
- I pledge to turn off the tap when I'm brushing my teeth.
- I pledge to turn off the tap when I'm shaving and soaping.
- I pledge to wash vegetables/fruits in a bowl instead of under a running tap.
- I pledge to run the dishwasher and washing machine only when it’s on full load
- I pledge to take bath using a bucket of water instead of shower bath.
- I pledge to take a shower at reduced time limit.
- I pledge to turn off tap while washing clothes and cleaning vessels.
- I pledge to use smart ways of watering plants to avoid wastage.
- I pledge to preserve rain water for other utility purposes.
- I pledge to check leaks in taps and other irrigation systems to avoid wastage.
- I pledge to clean my car using shutoff nozzle.
- I take a pledge to educate one family member to save water
Manavata (Humanity) is a symbol of selfless service, empathy and an attempt to help the needy. Manavata is a registered charity (Charity Number: 1120315). a Not-for-profit with secular nature. working with the mission of creating Healthy, Happy and Harmonious (3H) world
- To promote healthy and echo-friendly life style
- To provide practical value education for children to make them healthy & responsible
- To work for humanitarian causes such as help poor, needy children, disabled, distressed, diseased & old
Ideals: Tolerance and Universal acceptance
Motto: Unity & Integrity to work for self-less cause.
Membership: sign up online
Volunteer: We welcome you to join any of the voluntary activities based on your area of interest. so that we can get in touch with you to get involved.
Water Pledge event is conducting at world on Tuesday, 22 Mar 2016 . Please find the detailswhich mentioned below for any clarification please contact the following contact number or drop a mail to email@example.com.
No Updates to this Event!