One of healthy life skills that we could teach to children as part of Manavata healthy living & MAHE program is gardening.
Please register by Wednesday 3rd October to make the arrangement and this session would cover:
- Basic horticulture skills
- How to sow seeds, use hand tools and garden tools correctly and safely
- How to cultivate an area of land
- Run an education activity about healthy eating
- Garden roam
Benefits and purpose of the session :
- To Educate young people about food, support them to grow, harvest, prepare and cook fresh and seasonal food
- To Promote healthy eating and living
- Planting seeds and watching them grow helps children learn about the growth process, the environment and the food they eat
- Weeding and watering a garden encourages physical activity and teaches responsibility.
- By planting, designing, and maintaining the garden, children learn responsibility.
- By harvesting, the food they’ve grown, they learn about where food comes from and nutrition, and they develop healthy eating habits.
- As kids work together in groups, they learn important life skills, such as cooperating and sharing ideas
When: On Saturday 8th October 13.00 – 15.00 PM
Where: Kempshott Community Garden, Kempshott Village Hall, Pack Lane, Basingstoke, RG22 5HN
Cost - Free
For whom: above age 4 till 15 years
Please drop the children at the venue by 12:50 PM and come to pick up at the end of the session. Those who want to stay, you could but it would be better to leave kids in the group.
Please let me know if you any one need want to do car share as there are sufficient spaces available.
There is so much more we can do with the children, and this is one of their life skills to develop the interest in plantation.
Manavata (Humanity) is a symbol of selfless service, empathy and an attempt to help the needy. Manavata is a registered charity (Charity Number: 1120315). a Not-for-profit with secular nature.
- To help poor and needy and empowerment for livlihood
- To practice and promote healthy and echo-friendly life style
- To promote practical education for children to make them more responsible with practice human values and health best practices
- To bring sustainable methods to day to day life
Ideals: Tolarence and Universal acceptance
Motto: Unity & Integrity to work for self-less cause.
Membership: sign up online
Volunteer: We welcome you to join any of the voluntary activities based on your area of interest. so that we can get in touch with you to get involved.
MAHE - Gardening Session in Basingstoke event is conducting at Kempshott Community Garden, Kempshott Village Hall, Pack Lane, Basingstoke, RG22 5HN on Saturday, 08 Oct 2016 . Please find the detailswhich mentioned below for any clarification please contact the following contact number or drop a mail to email@example.com.
Where : Kempshott Community Garden, Kempshott Village Hall, Pack Lane, Basingstoke, RG22 5HN
When : Saturday, 08 Oct 2016
More Details : www.manavata.org
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 447501069241
No Updates to this Event!