What is Samskara Vidya?
- MAHE value education is holistic education, practical and a teaching methodology for human excellence, success & leadership with Inspiration, Innovation and orientation.
- MAHE aims to build life skills like self-reliance, concentration, confidence, healthy living, righteousness, good character, noble attitude with core human values.
- It is practical, scientific and essential education for every child (body, mind, self, food, earth, universe, humanity, art and sciences of life)
How it works?
- Schools send their interests to Manavata
- Schools are selected based on the interest of teachers and volunteers.
- Teachers training is conducted with MAHE Samskara vidya workshops.
- Necessary material, books will be provided. One coordinator & mentor will be appointed.
- Monthly workshops for parents, teachers and students will be organised by school authorities and MSV team.
- School teachers teach their subject with creative teaching techniques to make every student to learn more efficient and practical.
- MSV can be implemented in integrated approach without much of additional effort for teachers or students, but helps them to improve quality of education.
Emotional Development and
Benefits of Samskara Vidya:
- Teachers will become more efficient, active, responsible & Healthy.
- Students will be focused with positive thinking, good attitude and healthy.
- School will become much cleaner and greener.
- School will get additional support from volunteers and inspirational leaders.
- Helps child to get holistic development & to become more active, healthy, responsible & intelligent.
- Child becomes conscious about environment, hygiene.
- Improves child’s overall flexibility, memory power, self-confidence, communication skills, energy levels, self-esteem and positive attitude.
- Child will love to learn.
- improves child’s PQ, EQ, IQ & SQ.
How MSV can be conducted?
- Smaller groups: Parents volunteering on rotational basis to conduct weekly value education sessions.
- Bigger groups: Weekly sessions of a wide range of activities like yoga, krida yoga, mind games, quiz, healthy habits/ dinacharya, gardening, compost making, service activities.
- MSV in schools: Either whole school or for selected students. if it is implemented for selected students, whole school needs to make certain key changes too to pass on the part of the benefits to all school children and facilitate MSV students to follow core values in school.
Objectives of Samskara Vidya:
– To help individuals to bring out real human potential and excellence
– To Create and promote goodness and human values
– To Make every child self-reliant, self-disciplined, self-controlled and self-confident along with self-respect and humanity
Key items of MAHE SV course:
It is not only imparting right knowledge, but helps children to gain right practice.
Core Life skills learnings in Samskara Vidya course:
- Yoga: Asanas, Meditation, Krida Yoga.
- Skills: Values, Self-organizing, Self-defence, Empathy, Common Sense.
- Habits: Healthy, Happy living, Time Conscious, eco-science practice.
- Brain: Memory games, Vedic Maths, stories, arts.
- Heart: Gardening, serve needy, help parents, help friends.
MAHE Samskara Vidya for Children
How to attain Knowledge:
To attain complete knowledge student must have complete Sraddha and self-control as explained in Gita as follows:
“A faithful man who is absorbed in transcendental knowledge and who subdues his senses quickly attains the supreme spiritual peace.”
Qualities of student:
Student must have following qualities in order to achieve success and attain right knowledge.
- Pranipatha (humble submission)
- Pariprasna (asking right questions at right time)
- Seva (Serve the guru with obedience)
Characteristics of student:
- Calmness (Keen observation and be good listener)
- Jijnasa (enthusiasm)
- Sraddha (complete interest and focus)
- Ichasakthi (will power & highly energetic)
- Kriyasakthi (power of action / hardworking)
- Jnanasakthi (power of knowledge / work with right knowledge/skill)
- Sadhana Chatushtaya (4 principles of Practice for Learning)
- Shatsampathi: Six attributes (Sama, Dama, Uparathi, titiksha/endurance or patience, Sradha/ faith and sincerity, Samadhana / not losing sight of goal)
- Mumukshutva(Yearning for freedom)