MAHE - University for Humanity
Climate Change For Cycling
Yoga & Holistic Health Care
Ashram & Child Care
Manavata means Humanity in Sanskrit – the human virtue of tending and befriending others through love, kindness and social intelligence. It is from this very spirit that ‘Manavata’, a voluntary, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization, was born over two decades ago, with a mission to create a Healthy, Happy and Harmonious (3H) world. Conceived and driven by young, entrepreneur and social agent Srinivasa Alluri’s vision, Manavata spreads 3H consciousness through each volunteer, each standing for a selfless cause, and setting an example.
What began as a seed has grown into a large tree, providing its abundance and shade to many. Today, Manavata runs several social initiatives in health, education, environment and humanitarian aid worldwide. Apart from implementing initiatives on its own, Manavata provides a platform for individuals and organizations to take the 3H initiatives forward. With over 8000 volunteers and growing, 57 chapters in 10 countries, registered charity in India, UK and USA, activities that encompass Tree Plantation, Natural Farming, Humanitarian Aid, Value Based Education, Child care, Blood donation, Healthy Living and Self-employment Training, Manavata’s relentless work over the past two decades has been awarded with a special consultative status at the United Nations ECOSOC in 2012.
Mission: To make the world Healthy, Happy and Harmonious (3H)
Strategy: To reach all of humanity through voluntary initiatives aimed at the individual, family, village, society and global levels that improve human values and quality of living through simple, natural and eco-friendly lifestyles and livelihoods.
Health – Healthy Living, Yoga, Alternative Medicine, Medical camps, Blood donation drives
Education – Personality Development Programs, Self-employment schemes for women, Value based education camps for children
Environment – Tree plantation drives, Natural farming, Cycling for humanity, health and environment, Support nature campaign
Humanitarian Aid – Orphanages, Old age homes, Aid for poor patients, Aid for victims of natural calamities and disasters
Manavata’s initiatives include Manavata Ashram (Center for Development), Manavata Academy of Excellence MAHE (for the individual), Charity at Home (for the family), Charity Together (NGO Forum) and Cycling for Humanity for Sustainable Development.
Our Strategy To Reach The World: Manavata Initiatives at 5 Levels
Manavata reaches out to society through 5 programs that impact at individual, family, community, village and global levels. The initiatives are – The Manavata Academy for Human Excellence (Individual), Charity at Home (Family), Charity Together (Society), Sustainable Rural Development Program (Village) and Cycling for Humanity (Global).
Manavata Academy of Human Excellence (MAHE): MAHE is a centralized Academy set up to impart structured training for its volunteers. MAHE empowers each volunteer to become an example of Manavata’s philosophy and work. Located in Hyderabad, MAHE trains volunteers and creates new methods and processes to improve the 3H life.
Charity At Home: This initiative promotes best practices at the family level to build healthy, happy and harmonious families. Around 3000 families have so far benefitted through this program by adopting the 3H lifestyle.
Charity Together: Facilitated by Manavata this forum brings charities / NGOs together to achieve greater effectiveness in providing service. 400 member organizations participate in this consortium.
Sustainable Rural Development Program (SRDP): Manavata adopts villages and promotes education, health and environment, develops leadership and governance, promotes sustainable agriculture techniques, creates economic equilibrium, helps people earn livelihoods and serves people who are poor and needy. Manavata has so far adopted 10 villages under SRDP and plans to adopt 500 villages in the next 3 years.
Cycling for Humanity: Manavata’s global initiative, ‘Cycling for Humanity’, creates an awareness across the world of the need for the 3H lifestyle. Manavata promotes cycling– the cleanest and healthiest form of transport – to drive home this message. Through ‘Cycling for Humanity’, Manavata reaches out to people and promotes healthy living and a clean, pollution free environment. From epic cycling events across continents to local cycling drives in schools, colleges, corporates and local communities, Manavata’s Cycling for Humanity spreads awareness about the need for humanity in our daily lives.
Key milestones in Manavata’s journey
- Founded at Lolla, East Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh, India in 1991 by Srinivasa Alluri
- Launched self employment project to empower under privileged in Hyderabad in 1997
- Started online Blood donation website in 2000 and expanded blood donation services to different regions
- Expanded to Singapore and Asia Pacific regions in 2001
- UK chapter started in 2003, US Chapter in 2004
- Manavata Ashram started in Lolla for orphan children in 2005
- Launched Charity Together and Charity At Home programs and started a disabled home and blind school in Ramachandrapuram, Andhra Pradesh in 2006
- Started Manavata Ashram in Hyderabad along with a Dumb and Deaf school in Srikakulam in 2008
- Old Age Support and Homeopathy dispensary started in 2009
- Austria chapter started in 2010
- Cycling For Humanity event from Udaipur to Mumbai over 1000 km distance
- Started Manavata Ashram in Kalluru in 2011
- Initiated Manavata chapters in Kashmir, Orissa, Indore
- Manavata founder Srinivasa Alluri’s inspiring ‘Cycling for Humanity’ event covering 11,350 km from London to Kashmir in 100 days in 2011
- Started medical centers in Kalluru, Khammam district. Rachapalli and Biccavolu East Godavari district and initiated the Sustainable Rural Development Program (SRDP)
- Started Zero budget Natural farming training in Andhra Pradesh for 400 farmers
- Received the prestigious United Nations accredited Organization with ECOSOC special consultative status in 2012
People Behind Manavata
Manavata is founded by Srini Alluri, a young entrepreneur and social change agent from Lolla, East Godavari district. Inspired by the teachings of Swami Vivekananda and the simple living and helping nature of his parents, the idealistic Srini decided to make a difference to the world by adopting and promoting a natural, healthy lifestyle. With yoga, cycling and a constant desire to help others selflessly, Srini Alluri balances his corporate and social responsibilities, and moves on relentlessly, with a perpetual smile on his face and the 3H philosophy on his shoulders, towards his goal of creating an ideal society.
Key Volunteers who are leading this initiative globally:
There are thousands of volunteers across the globe working together for Manavata’s self-less cause without expecting name, fame or money and we are thankful for each one of them. To name some of them:
India: Srinivasa Alluri, Surya Prakash Alluri, Dr. GSN Reddy, Govindaraju, Subbaraju Gunturi, Srinivas Balusu, Prasad Vemulapati, Kapil Dave, Vijay Kantamani, Siddhesh Dhume, Atul Jain, Srinivas Vundavilli, Manthena Varma, Gundapunidi Veerragu, Chatrati Janaki Rambabu, E Ma. Masanamuthu and many committed volunteers across different villages.
USA: Mukund Gorla, Kiran Indukuri, Vinitha Kumaran, Chakrapal Kalwa, Ugandhar Chalasani, Raghu Chemala, Teja Vangala, Prasanna Edpuganti, Narendra Velagala and so on
UK: Ramalingeswararao Penumudi, Mahesh Patharlapalli, Uma Lade, Sriram Mahabhashyam, Ram Yeggoni, Babji Vundavilli, Leena Thomas, Jayanthi Praveen, Khalai Chelvan, Kalyan Petluru, Raj Marni, Suba Masanamuthu, Satya and so on
Recent Key Achievements and Mile Stones:
- Mumbai to Kanyakumari Cycling for humanity
- Washington DC to Boston Cycling
- 2013: Patna to Delhi Cycling for humanity, submitted school mid day meal proposal to PM and president of India
- 2013-14: Development of Manavata Ashram, supporting around 200 children
Manavata’s Future Initiatives
- CSD: To adopt 500 villages to implement SRDP including 500 schools and establish CSD to build best doctors, teachers and farmers.
- CharityTogether.org forum to facilitate 500 collaborations and train 2000 leaders
- CharityAtHome.org program to facilitate change in 10,000 families
- Manavata Ashram to support 500 children
- CyclingForHumanity.org program to cover 25000 KM cycling
- To bring more than 10,000 blood donors to support helpline
- MAHE: Provide training to 50,000 students in Personality Development & Value based education.
- Plant at least 100,000 saplings
- Initiate 20 new chapters and over 12,000 members to help around 30,000 people who are need
Make a Donation
Your generosity will help create better economic opprotunity, education and health for a life.
Become a Volunteer
DIscover ways to fit your talents and time to create social change. They need you.
Become a Sponsor
Sponsor a program to reach out to underpriveliged people and community creating hope.
There are many way you can help. Contact us to share you ideas, time and passon for society.